Car Seat Waiver
Beginning July 1, 2015 MBA will provide child safety seats at no charge to all passengers requiring the use of one.
MBA Child Safety Seat Guidelines and procedures are based upon Florida Law and Recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
MBA will provide federally approved car seats to any child under 5 (five) years old and booster seats in accordance with Florida Law.
Florida law states the following:
- Children 5 years old or younger must be secured in a federally approved child restraint system.
- Children 3 years old or younger must use a separate car seat or the vehicle’s built in child seat.
- Children 4 to 5 years old must sit in a separate car seat, a built in car seat or a seat belt, depending on the child’s height and weight.
MBA will use the following car seat guidelines from the FLHSMV
Birth – 1 year old and at least 20 lbs.
- Use a rear-facing child car seat in the back seat of the car.
1 year old and 20 lbs. – 4 years old and 40 lbs.
- Use a rear-facing child car seat in the back seat until they outgrow the weight and height limit of the child car seat.
- Normally when children are over 1 year old and weigh over 20 pounds, one can switch to a forward-facing car seat in the back of the car.
4 years old and 40 lbs. – 8 years old or 4’9″ tall
- Use a forward-facing child seat in the back seat until children reach the weight and height limits recommended by the manufacturer.
- Switch to a booster seat in the back of the car.
8 years old or 4’9″ tall –12 years old
- Use a booster seat in the back seat until the child is big enough to use the car’s seat belt.
- At 13 years old, the child can sit in the front seat of the car.
Passengers requiring the use of a child safety seat will be required to sign and waiver of liability. You may download and print this and present it at our Taxi Booth at the time of service.
All parents or guardians will be responsible for the installation of the child safety seat, instructions will be available at our Taxi Booth located across from Door #5 lower level baggage claim area.
Please Click Here To Download Waiver.